Easy Cheesy Breakfast Mini-Puffs
- 1 9.5- oz
- package frozen mini puff pastry shells, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- 1 12- oz
- package of strip bacon
- 2 Tbsp
- large eggs
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream, cold
- salt and pepper to taste
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- horseradish mustard (or mustard of your choice)
- green onions, ends trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- small tomato, seeded and diced
How to Make Easy Cheesy Breakfast Mini-Puffs
- 1Bake, cool and remove the "top" of the shells according to the package directions. Turn the broiler on. Place large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut bacon slices into 1/2" dice and place in preheated skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 8-12 minutes, or just until bacon is crisp. Transfer bacon to paper-towel-lined plate and dispose of bacon fat.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and let melt for 1 minute. Break eggs into medium mixing bowl and add half & half, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; whisk to break yolks. Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk sliced green onions into eggs. Pour into skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 4 to 7 minutes, or just until eggs reach desired state of doneness.
- 3Remove eggs from heat and gently fold in 1 cup of cheese, cooked bacon and tomato. Divide egg mixture between cooked pastry shells. Sprinkle remaining cheese on filled pastry shells. Place under preheated broiler for approximately 1-2 minutes, or just until cheese melts and is barely golden brown.
- 4NOTE: To make a light meal with this recipe, serve with a green salad or fruit salad and perhaps a light vegetable soup.
24 appetizer servings or 6-8 meal servings (3-4 puffs per serving).
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes/Cook Time: 12-20 minutes/Total Time: approximately 30 minutes.