How to Make Easy Bread
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
- 2Stir in milk, sugar, shortening, salt, and 4 cups of flour. Beat with electric mixer til smooth. Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- 3Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth & elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 4Place in greased bowl. Turn greased side up and place in warm area until double in size. Test dough by pushing 2 fingers into the dough about 1 inch. Dough is ready when finger marks stay.
- 5Divide in half and roll dough into a rectangle about 8 x 12 inches. Beginning on long side, roll dough snugly into a roll. Pinch edge of dough to seal and fold ends under. Place loaves seam side down in greased loaf pans and let rise til double.
- 6Preheat oven to 325. Bake until golden brown and sounds hollow when thumped, about 40 minutes.
- 7Remove from pans immediately, brush top with margarine and cool on wire racks.