Dilly Casserole Bread
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast softened in 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 c
- cottage cheese (heated to lukewarm)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- minced onion (i use dry minced onion)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- dill seed
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- unbeaten egg
- 2 - 2/12 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Dilly Casserole Bread
- 1Combine the cottage cheese, sugar, onion, butter, dill seed, salt, soda, egg and yeast. Mix well. Add 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups flour to form a stiff dough, beating well after each additon. Cover and let rise until light and doubled (about 50-60 minutes). I sit my bread dough on an old heating pad, temp. at low. It rises beautifully.
- 2Stir down dough and turn into well greased 8" round casserole (1 1/2 qt). Let rise until light - another 30-40 minutes.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown. Brush with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.