★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbsplite yogurt, any flavor you like
2 Tbspoat bran
2 Tbspegg white (or 1 egg white)
·pam-type of spray oil
How to Make Diet pancake/gillette
- With a fork beat lightly 2 tablespoons of the egg white. (I use the type in a carton)
- Add 2 tablespoons bran and stir. Spray skillet with pan and place over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Batter will be very thin. Spread in skillet and make a nice large pancake type.
Allow to cook about 2 minutes on one side, flip and cook another two minutes until the egg white is cooked. Eat with your fingers on the go or at the table.
No need for butter, syrup, etc. The yogurt makes it so good.
- What is really good about this recipe is you get your daily dose of bran, yet it is fast and easy. You can also make them savory--add diced onions, peppers, etc. if you want to eat it for supper in place of bread. I make my own little individual cornbread by using 2 tablespoons any type of corn meal to the egg white and use plain yogurt to bind it. Works great.