Creamy Sweet Potato Rarebit
This is both savory and creamy!
It looks like a meringue or souffle is in my near future with all these egg whites. Always cook meals in pairs to use everything you can.
Waste not, want not.
- sweet potatoes
- 2 c
- 1/4 stick
- egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 c
- white wine
- 4 Tbsp
- spicy, grainy mustard
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 c
- extra sharp cheddar
- 1 tsp
- paprika, hot
- loaf of european pull apart bread
- olive oil for bread
- garlic powder
- seasoned salt
How to Make Creamy Sweet Potato Rarebit
- 1Peel and diced sweet potatoes. Boil, in a lidded pot, in the broth of your choice.
- 2When very soft, strain. Reserve broth for soup another time. Add sweet potatoes to food processor. Before blending add mustard, cream, butter, and white wine. Blend well.
- 3In a saucepan on low heat, add olive oil and yolks. Whisk continuously, while slowly raising the heat. When you are to medium-high, add puree and quarter at a time. When all is added and bubbly. Lower heat to medium-low.
- 4Meanwhile, put your bread on a cookie sheet rubbed with olive oil. Then sprinkle olive oil atop and add garlic and seasoned salt to your taste.
- 5Bake bread in the oven at 325F for about 10 minutes.
- 6Back in your saucepan, whisk again. This time adding your cheese and paprika. Whisk until cheese until totally melted and blended smoothly.
- 7Take bread out of the oven and plate it. Take a ladle of sauce and sprinkle flax seeds and parsley. I served mine with Fire Roasted Tomato Beef Hash.