★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 3/4 to 2 c
- 1/2 c
- white or yellow conrnmeal
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- sesame seeds optional
How to Make Cornmeal Sesame Rolls
- 1Generously grease 12 muffin cups
- 2Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off
- 3In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and yeast; blend well
- 4In small saucepan, heat milk, butter until hot (120 to 130F.) Add hot liquid and egg to flour mixture.
- 5Blend at low speed until moistened;
- 6Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand stir in 3/4 to 1 cup flour to form a stiff batter.
- 7Cover batter; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- 8Stir down batter; spoon into greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- 9Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- 10Heat oven to 400 Uncover dough Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.