★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 3/4 to 2 cflour
1/2 cwhite or yellow conrnmeal
1 tsppkg. active dry yeast
·sesame seeds optional
How to Make Cornmeal Sesame Rolls
- Generously grease 12 muffin cups
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and yeast; blend well
- In small saucepan, heat milk, butter until hot (120 to 130F.) Add hot liquid and egg to flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened;
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand stir in 3/4 to 1 cup flour to form a stiff batter.
- Cover batter; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Stir down batter; spoon into greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 Uncover dough Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.