Cornbread with a Kick!
I threw a chili cook-off at my house, and this recipe was a big hit.
1 cyellow cornmeal
1 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/3 cvegetable oil
1 can(s)jalapeno peppers, diced
1 can(s)whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cred bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbspchili oil
How to Make Cornbread with a Kick!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a frying pan, over medium-low heat, sauté the bell pepper in a chili infused oil for about 10 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients and blend well; add the sauted peppers.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.