Chorizo & Saffron Muffins
1 pkg5oz saffron rice
1 pkgchorizo (mexican sausage, mild or medium
1/2vidalia onion, chopped
1 tspbaking soda
2 Tbspsour cream
How to Make Chorizo & Saffron Muffins
- In a skillet, saute' onions until caramelized.
- Add water to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add margarine, rice and chorizo to the water and continue to boil for 1 minute.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let rest until room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, baking soda and sour cream until well mixed.
- Add rice mixture and beat on medium until almost smooth.
- Continue mixing and slowly add flour.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pans, then bake.
Loaf: about 1 hour
Mini Muffins: about 15-20 mins
Muffins: about 15-20 mins
Mini Loafs: about 25-30 mins
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.