Cheesy Bacon Appetizer
This is made with sourdough bread, sliced in a checkerboard fashion- almost to the bottom, but left in-tack; then covered with crispy Bacon pieces and cheese, then drenched in ranch flavored butter.
This appetizer is bound to make everyone ask for the recipe!So have plenty of copies on hand,lol.
Photo from Savory Recipes.
- 1 large
- unsliced round sourdough bread
- 8 oz
- block of cheddar cheese, sliced into thin slices
- 1/4 lb
- bacon, cooked and crumbled, more or less
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp
- each of dried chives, parsley, dill weed, and garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp
- each of onion powder,salt and pepper
How to Make Cheesy Bacon Appetizer
- 1Using a sharp knife cut a cross-hatch pattern into the bread.
To do this slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices, making sure not to cut into the bottom crust. After you make the cuts in one direction, it is easiest to get an extra set of hands to squeeze the loaf together to cut it in the other direction.