Chedder-Scallion Soda Bread
How to Make Chedder-Scallion Soda Bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Coarsely chop the scallions
- In a food processor.combine the flour,baking powder,baking soda and pepper.
- Add the butter and process for 5 to 10 seconds,or until the mixture is crumbly and resembles coarse cornmeal
- Add the scallions and chedder and pulse briefly just to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and pulse briefly,just until the dough forms a cohesive mass.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds
- Form the dough into a round,domed loaf about 5 inches in diameter.Place the loaf on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45-500 minutes ,or until top is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when rapped on the bottom