Cauldron Bread Bowls
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Halloween Food & Fun 2003.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 call purpose flour (up to 5 cups)
1 crye flour
3 tspquick-rise yeast
2 tspbaking cocoa
1/4 cvegetable oil
How to Make Cauldron Bread Bowls
- In a mixing bowl, combine 4 cups all-purpose flour, rye flour, yeast, salt and cocoa.
- Heat water, molasses and oil to 120°F-130°F. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide the dough into eight portions; shape each into a ball.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut the top fourth off each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill each bowl with about 1/2 cup chili. Serve bread tops on the side if desired.