Cauldron Bread Bowls
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Halloween Food & Fun 2003.
- 4 c
- all purpose flour (up to 5 cups)
- 1 c
- rye flour
- 3 tsp
- quick-rise yeast
- 3 tsp
- 2 tsp
- baking cocoa
- 2 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Cauldron Bread Bowls
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine 4 cups all-purpose flour, rye flour, yeast, salt and cocoa.
- 2Heat water, molasses and oil to 120°F-130°F. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth.
- 3Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide the dough into eight portions; shape each into a ball.
- 5Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Cut the top fourth off each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill each bowl with about 1/2 cup chili. Serve bread tops on the side if desired.