Canadian Bacon and Swiss Bread
1large loaf crusty french bread
8-12 sliceswiss cheese
8-12 slicecanadian bacon
3 Tbspgrated onion
2 tspdijon mustard
3 tsplemon juice
2 tsppoppy seeds
1 tspbeau monde seasoning
How to Make Canadian Bacon and Swiss Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice Bread into about 1 inch sections without slicing through the bottom, keep that intact.
- Melt butter and combine all ingredients except for the cheese and bacon.
- Cut swiss cheese and canadian bacon into halves.
- Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter mixture onto/or into both sides of sliced bread sections. Insert 1 piece of swiss cheese and 1 piece of bacon in each groove. Any leftover butter mixture can be brushed on the top of the bread.
- Place loaf onto prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and somewhat bubbly.
- When removed from the oven you may pull it apart or finish slicing through to the bottom of the bread on a cutting board.