Breakfast Sausage Bread
2loaves frozen white bread dough, thawed
1/2 lbmild pork sausage
1/2 lbhot pork sausage
1/2 cfresh mushrooms, diced
1/2 conion, chopped
1/2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tspdried basil
1 tspdried parsley flakes
1 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Breakfast Sausage Bread
- Allow dough to rise until nearly doubled.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble sausage.
- Add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until the sausage is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Cool.
- Beat 1 egg; set aside.
- To sausage mixture, add 2 eggs, cheese and seasonings; mix well.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 16x12" rectangle. Spread half the sausage mixture on each loaf to within 1" of edges. Roll jelly-roll style, starting at a narrow end; seal edges. Brush with beaten egg.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 until golden brown.