Bestest Easiest Garlic Bread Ever
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 colive oil
1 pkglipton onion soup mix
2-3 Tbspminced fresh garlic
2loaves of italian bread, sliced (or croisants, challah, sourdough, or any other firm bread)
How to Make Bestest Easiest Garlic Bread Ever
- Combine olive oil, butter, and garlic in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat for about 10 minutes to melt butter and oil together and infuse with garlic. Keep heat low so butter and garlic don't burn.
- Add Lipton onion soup mix to oil/butter mixture and stir until well blended and all lumps are gone. Remove pan from heat.
- Line a rimmed large cookie sheet with foil. Place a layer of bread on the sheet. (You can leave croissants whole.) Brush or drizzle oil/butter mixture over bread.
- Add another layer of bread, overlapping slices, but not stacking them. Brush or drizzle more oil/butter mixture over second layer until all gone.
- Cover bread with foil and crimp edges to seal. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- All steps except baking can be done up to several days in advance, or can be frozen for up to a month. This recipe is very flexible, so adjust garlic, etc. to taste, and be as generous or skimpy as you wish with the oil/butter mixture over the bread. Also, you can leave out the butter and use an additional 1/2 cup of oil for a more heart-healthy version.