Beer Bread w/ Bacon, Sun-dried tomatoes & Cheddar
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 4 slice
- bacon, cut up
- 1/4 c
- oil packed sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 c
- sharp white cheddar, freshly grated, save a little for the top of the loaf
- 1 bottle
- beer, lager style
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Beer Bread w/ Bacon, Sun-dried tomatoes & Cheddar
- 1Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- 2Sift dry ingredients in to a large bowl. Add bacon, tomatoes and cheese. Break up any clumps with your fingertips.
Add the oil and beer and stir just until combined. Pour into a greased 8 inch loaf pan. Smooth the top of loaf and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3Bake in center of oven for 55 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Let cool an additional 10 minutes before slicing. Leftover bread is great toasted or for making grilled cheese sandwiches.