We all love the firm texture and the crunchy crust.
- 3 c
- self rising flour
- 1/2 c
- 12 oz
- can of beer, room temp.
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make Beer Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 375º. Grease a 5 x 7 inch loaf pan. Make sure oven is fully heated before finishing mixing up dough.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and beer. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Spread bread dough in loaf pan. (I use my Kitchenaid)
- 3Bake for 45 minutes. Pour melted butter over loaf and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool about 15-20 minutes in pan.
**I usually use my hubby's favorite MGD, but I've also made it with MGD 64 - knocked off all those calories and it still tasted just as great. Just use your favorite beer/ale.
**No self-rising flour? No problem... To make your own self-rising flour for this recipe, mix 3 cups of flour with 4.5 teaspoons baking powder, and 1.5 teaspoons salt.
- 6If by some odd chance the bread doesn't all disappear the day it's baked, spread on a little butter or margarine & toast in a frying pan. YUMMMM