Baked Muffin Stuffing
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 c
- hot water
- 1/3 c
- chopped dried apricots, if desired
- 4 c
- dry whole wheat bread cubs, about 6 slices
- 1 large
- apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp
- orange zest
- 1/2 tsp
- each-salt and ground sage
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch
- 1/2 c
- each of-chopped celery and onion
- 1/4 c
How to Make Baked Muffin Stuffing
Dissolve the sugar and bouillon in hot water; pour over apricots. Let stand 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except the celery and onion and butter. Then add the apricot mixture Sauté the celery and onion in a hot skillet in the butter until tender; add to bread mixture.
Place stuffing in sprayed muffing cups to the top and bake in 350^ oven for 25 minutes or until nice and brown and crispy on top but not dry. Remove to serving basket or bowl . If any are left after dinner they can be frozen for another time.
- 2You can use the above stuffing recipe or :
After mixing up your favorite dressing recipe butter or spray enough muffin cups to accommodate the amount of stuffing you have. Place stuffing in muffin cup to the top of cup; spray of butter tops with a brush. Bake in a 350^ oven for 25 minutes or until done and nice and brown and crispy, but not dry. Remove from pan and place in a serving bowl.These will be gone before you know it.
If you find you have too many , when cool or after dinner pop them in a freezer bag and save for another time.
- 3This method is great to make as an appetizer by using your mini muffin pan too!! ENJOY!