Baked Hush Puppies
These are very good and the taste is much the same but they are just not deep fried.
I really enjoyed them and so did my family.
I think if you really like hush puppies but cannot eat fried foods you will enjoy them too.
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- grated or finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- butter melted
How to Make Baked Hush Puppies
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a cookie sheet or spray with nonstick cooking spray.In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix together the onion, milk, eggs and butter. Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until the flour mixture is just moistened.
- 4Put tablespoons of batter on to the cookie sheet making them all equal in size. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the hush puppies are firm to the touch and golden brown around the edges.