Appetizer: GARLIC SHRIMP BREAD
Here in the Northwest, we are fortunate to have fresh Oregon Shrimpmeat (120 count). This is the type of shrimp I use in this recipe.
My family adores this bread. I guarantee you won't be able to stop eating at one slice! ENJOY!
one largebaguette french bread
8-12 clovegarlic - minced
8 ozbutter - softened
3 ozgood quality roquefort or gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
4 Tbspchives or green onions - minced
1/2 - 1 lbsmall (100-120 ct.) shrimp (see note))
1/2-1 cpecorino romano or asiago cheese - grated
·paprika, sweet mild to sprinkle over top
How to Make Appetizer: GARLIC SHRIMP BREAD
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Cut baguette in half, lengthwise. Cut halves into 2" slices - cutting almost all the way through but not completely.
- Place cut baguette halves on cookie sheet.
- In mixing bowl, combine butter with garlic, blue cheese, and chives.
- Gently fold in small, cooked shrimp.
- Spread mixture over top of baguette.
- Generously sprinkle grated romano or asiago cheese on top and dust lightly with paprika.
- Bake until top of bread is bubbly and brown (about 10-15 minutes). Take out of oven, let cool slightly. Cut bread pieces all the way through and serve.