Appetizer: GARLIC SHRIMP BREAD
Here in the Northwest, we are fortunate to have fresh Oregon Shrimpmeat (120 count). This is the type of shrimp I use in this recipe.
My family adores this bread. I guarantee you won't be able to stop eating at one slice! ENJOY!
- one large
- baguette french bread
- 8-12 clove
- garlic - minced
- 8 oz
- butter - softened
- 3 oz
- good quality roquefort or gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp
- chives or green onions - minced
- 1/2 - 1 lb
- small (100-120 ct.) shrimp (see note))
- 1/2-1 c
- pecorino romano or asiago cheese - grated
- paprika, sweet mild to sprinkle over top
How to Make Appetizer: GARLIC SHRIMP BREAD
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line cookie sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- 3Cut baguette in half, lengthwise. Cut halves into 2" slices - cutting almost all the way through but not completely.
- 4Place cut baguette halves on cookie sheet.
- 5In mixing bowl, combine butter with garlic, blue cheese, and chives.
- 6Gently fold in small, cooked shrimp.
- 7Spread mixture over top of baguette.
- 8Generously sprinkle grated romano or asiago cheese on top and dust lightly with paprika.
- 9Bake until top of bread is bubbly and brown (about 10-15 minutes). Take out of oven, let cool slightly. Cut bread pieces all the way through and serve.