A Great Bread for soups or stews
Everyone who has had it toasted swears it tastes like beef gravy on french bread. Surprise no french bread or beef gravy in the recipe.
We then tried it toasted with Roast beef and mash potatoes, Heaven. Would be great as a hot roast beef sandwitch or toasted with a hearty stew.
Bread is best when toasted and buttered. It is a little spicy and a unique dense bread with the crunch of english muffin bread.
3 cflour (divided)
2 cdry pancake batter mix
1/2 cmilled flax seed (i used hodgson mill)
2/3 czatarain's seasoned fish-fri garlic flavored
1/2 tspbaking soda
2envelopes rapid rise yeast (2 tblsp)
1/2 ccorn meal
·corn meal for dusting greased pan
How to Make A Great Bread for soups or stews
- Spray two loaf pans and sprinkle some corn meal in the bottom. Set a side.
- In a large bowl add 2 cups flour, the salt, sugar, yeast, and baking soda, mix well and set a side
- In a sauce pan heat water and milk to 110 degrees ( hot when dropped on wrist. Remove from heat and pour into flour mix in the bowl. Mix well getting out lumps
- Then add flax seed meal, fish-fri mix, Mix well
Add rest of ingredients Flour and pancake mix a cup at a time, mixing well in between.
- Divide unto the two pans and allow to raise until doubled (#0-40 minutes)
Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Let cook on a rack. Do not cut before it is cool.
- Slice and toast. It is wonderfully spicy when toasted