Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
They sure don't last long at my house though.
This recipe can easily be cut in half and you could also add walnuts or craisins in the place of chocolate chips with similar results. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.
3 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1 tspginger, ground
1 cvegetable oil
1 Tbspmexican vanilla or vanilla extract
1/2 cchocolate chips, walnuts or craisins
2 czucchini, shredded
How to Make Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Combine milk & vinegar in measuring cup and set aside for 5 minutes or so.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and ground ginger. Wisk all dry ingredients together gently.
- In a separate small bowl beat eggs & vanilla together and set aside.
While using an electric mixer low slowly add vegetable oil, egg mixture & milk mixture to the dry ingredients until just combined. The batter will be somewhat sticky & stiff.
- with a mixing spatula gently fold in zucchini & chocolate chips or other add in ingredient. The zucchini will release it's moisture into the batter and make it less stiff. Do not over mix after you put the zucchini into the batter.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin baking tins and fill them 3/4 full of batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
Freeze in gallon zipper baggies for up to 60 days.