Whole Wheat Cranberry/Raisin Pecan Muffins
Kathey Jo Hickey-Van Otten
3 cwhole wheat flour, sifted
1/4 ccorn oil
1 tspsea/kosher salt
1/3 cagave necter or sugar
1/2 cfresh or dried cranberries
1/2 cchopped pecans
1/2 cplain unsweetened vanilla yogurt
1 cbuttermilk, or can use soy milk
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Whole Wheat Cranberry/Raisin Pecan Muffins
- Mix all the dry ingredients together throughly. Add the rasins, pecans, and cranberries.
- Add the oil, agave necter and mix with the eggs, Stir everything together.
DO NOT USE BOTH SUGAR AND AGAVE NECTER IN THIS RECIPE. iF SUGAR, ADD WITH DRY INGREDIENT. IF NECTER, ADD NOW.
- Add the yogurt, and after mixing that into the batter, add the buttermilk or soy milk. Mix again very well and pour into greased/pam sprayed muffin tin. Should make at least 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean. Take out of oven and is best when served after resting for ten minutes...
- Serve with butter and jam or just butter when eating with soups, salads, etc. Enjoy and let me know what you think.