Wheat Germ and Cornmeal Muffins
How to Make Wheat Germ and Cornmeal Muffins
- 1Preheat your oven to 400'F. I put my temperature to 375'F because I live at 5,000 feet.
- 2Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
Combine the flour, wheat germ, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- 3Combine the egg and milk, then mix in the coconut oil.
- 4Stir the liquid ingredients well and then make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the liquid in all at once.
- 5Combine the liquid with the dry ingredients until just incorporated. The batter should be lumpy.
- 6Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned.
- 8Serve warm plain or with a little vegan margarine or jam.