Wheat Germ and Cornmeal Muffins
I have a muffin tin with square cups in it and the bottoms have little metal inserts that come out. I decided to use this pan to make square muffins for a change. These muffins are light and fluffy but have a bit of a crunch from the cornmeal. You could add some nuts or raisins to these if you wish.
How to Make Wheat Germ and Cornmeal Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 400'F. I put my temperature to 375'F because I live at 5,000 feet.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
Combine the flour, wheat germ, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk, then mix in the coconut oil.
- Stir the liquid ingredients well and then make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the liquid in all at once.
- Combine the liquid with the dry ingredients until just incorporated. The batter should be lumpy.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned.
- Serve warm plain or with a little vegan margarine or jam.
About Wheat Germ and Cornmeal Muffins