Universal Muffin Mix
- 18 c
- whole wheat flour and/or white flour you can also throw in a cup or two of toasted wheat germ or ground flax seed in place of flour
- 5 c
- splenda, sugar or brown sugar
- 2 1/4 c
- nonfat milk powder
- 6 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 2 Tbsp
- baking soda
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1-2 large
- 1/2 c
- melted butter or oil
- 1-2 tsp
- vanilla extract or other flavor of choice
- 1 1/2-2 c
- 1/2-1 1/2 c
- chopped apples, blueberries, grated carrots, crushed pineapple, cocoa, chocolate chips or other baking chip, grated zuchinni, nuts, raisins, cranberries, peanut butter, mandarin oranges, shredded coconut, yoghurt or other stir in of choice
- 1 small
- pkg pudding mix your choice of flavor
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- cloves, allspice, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 c
- cocoa powder + 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp
- poppy seeds, millet,
- spoonfuls of cream cheese mixed with jam, preserves, wheat germ, granola, toasted sesame seeds, chocolate chips, nuts, brown sugar,
2 3/4 CUP OF THE ABOVE MIX + THESE WET INGREDIENTS
CAN STIR IN ONE OR MORE OF THESE BEFORE BAKING
CAN TOP WITH ONE OF THESE BEFORE BAKING
How to Make Universal Muffin Mix
- 1Combine all dry ingredients and store in an airtight container. This will make enough for several dozen muffins.
- 2To make muffins. Use 2 3/4 cup mix with 1-2 eggs, 1/2 cup melted butter or oil, 1-2 tsp vanilla &
1 1/2-2 cups water or other liquid of choice. I just add my liquid until it resembles the consistency of pancake batter.
- 3Stir in any stir in or combination of stir ins of choice.
- 4Top with any desired topping, which is totally optional.
- 5Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Either greased or paper lined.
- 6Bake at 350' for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 7**If you let these cool well, they will not stick as much to muffin paper.