Traditional Corn Bread with Bacon
If making traditional cornbread, omit the bacon & brown sugar.
Enjoy for breakfast or as a nice side to your favorite dish!
Quick & easy too!
- 1 1/2 c
- fine yellow corn meal (mesa)
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp
- double acting baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- buttermilk (can use almond milk as a substitute for dairy free)
- 1 large
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/4 c
- crumbled, cooked bacon (can use bacon bits)
Prepare muffin pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners.
If preparing bacon, cook until crisp in large skillet over medium heat, a few slices at a time.
Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel lined plate. when cooled, crumble bacon.