Sweet Muffin Mix
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- non-fat dry milk powder
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- butter, margarine or butter-flavored shortening, melted
TO MAKE THE MUFFIN MIX:
TO ADD TO THE MIX WHEN YOU MAKE THE MUFFINS:
How to Make Sweet Muffin Mix
Label a Zip-Lock bag with the name of the mix, the date that you are packing it, and the instructions showing what to add and how to make it.
- 2TO MAKE THE MIX:
Sift together or whisk very thoroughly all the dry ingredients. Place them in the Zip-Lock bag that you have prepared. Seal it up tightly.
- 3INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
In a bowl, combine the egg (lightly beaten) the water and the melted butter. Stir well. Pour mix into a bowl, and make a well in the center.
- 4Add the wet ingredients and stir JUST UNTIL COMBINED. Fill prepared muffin cups (vegetable spray in paper liners*, or cups of muffin tin) about 3/4 full with batter. If you want slightly higher tops add a little more. You will however get a couple less muffins.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min. or until wooden pick inserted into the middle of a middle muffin comes out clean.
- 6Allow to sit in the muffin tin for about 5 min. before removing to cooling racks to cool enough to serve.
*NOTE: Spraying the cup liners will enable them to be removed easily, and not take 1/2 the muffin with them!