How to Make Spicy Irish Cheddar Corn Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 425F. Butter 12 standard muffin cups.
- 2Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- 3Whisk together buttermilk, egg and butter in a small bowl and then stir into above dry mixture until combined. Gently fold in 1 cup of cheese and the corn kernels.
- 4Divide batter evenly into muffin cups and sprinkle tops with remaining cheese.
- 5Bake 15-17 minutes until golden and a wooden toothpick comes out clean....