Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 1/2 cflour
1 cquick cooking oatmeal, uncooked
1 Tbspbaking powder
1egg, slightly beaten
4 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Prepare 36 mini-muffin pan cups or 12 standard muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray or paper liners.
- First, prepare topping by combining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and set aside.
- Next, make batter by combining flour, oatmeal, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake: 12 to 14 minutes for mini-muffins and 18 to 22 for regular muffins, or until light golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Serve warm.
I froze some of these and the topping cracked and fell off in most places. I would recommend that you add the topping - or at least more - when ready to serve if you freeze any.