Savory Corn Muffins
1 cunbleached flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspchili powder (i tried w/chipotle powder)
1/4 tspground cumin or cumin seeds (gently crush the cumin seeds if using)
1 cplain yogurt
1/4 cbutter or coconut butter
3 ozshallots, peeled and diced small or minced
How to Make Savory Corn Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all of the dry ingredients (flour-cumin) in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and yogurt; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter or coconut oil. Sautè the shallots for 3-10 minutes to desired crispness. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Add the shallots and egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir just until blended.
- Spoon the batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.