Rice and Spam Muffins
5 Tbspmelted butter
1 ccooked rice
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspdill weed (dried)
2 tspdried minced onion
1/2 tspsalt (or less)
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 cfinely diced spam
How to Make Rice and Spam Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, Mix rice, eggs, milk, and melted butter together with the minced onion and dill. Let sit for about 10 minutes
- sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together. **You can use less salt if you're not using the low sodium spam. otherwise it can make recipe too salty.
- Mix the milk and rice mixture with the dry ingredients then add the spam.... mix gently but mix well
- spoon batter into greased muffin tins filling them about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 25 minutes at 400.
- These muffins have a texture similar to cornbread and are delicious with breakfast eggs and potatoes... or great as an accompanyment to dinner. Can eat them plain by themselves, or put a little herbed butter on them while they're hot.