Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 5 oz
- cream cheese, low-fat, softened
- 1/3 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 large
- egg whites
- 1 large
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 c
- walnuts, chopped
How to Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat on high until well-blended.
- 3Add sugar; beat until fluffy
- 4Add vanilla, egg whites and egg; beat well
- 5Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup; level with knife. Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6With mixer on low speed add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- 7Gently fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- 8Line 24 muffin tins; spoon batter evenly into liners.
- 9Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.