Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
5 ozcream cheese, low-fat, softened
1/3 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 largeegg whites
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
2 craspberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cwalnuts, chopped
How to Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat on high until well-blended.
- Add sugar; beat until fluffy
- Add vanilla, egg whites and egg; beat well
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup; level with knife. Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on low speed add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Gently fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Line 24 muffin tins; spoon batter evenly into liners.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.