Quick & Easy Gourmet Muffins
Diane Hopson Smith
I found this recipe online and did some tweaking to my liking. It's a great muffin to have on hand for those busy mornings when you just don't have time for breakfast. Just grab a muffin, a cup of coffee and run!
Hope you enjoy!
Inspired from "Thrifty Decorating Blog"
- (7-oz) package muffin mix (i used martha white's wildberry for this recipe)
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- 2 c
- blueberries, fresh or frozen (or berries you love the best)
- flour for dusting berries
How to Make Quick & Easy Gourmet Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 6 jumbo muffin tins with paper liners.
Rinse berries and gently blot with paper towels.
- 6CRANBERRY MUFFINS: I used Martha White's Blueberry Cheese Cake muffin mix and 1/2 of a 6-oz bag of frozen cranberries. Topped with a mixture of sugar and fresh grated lemon peel. NOTE: cranberries are tart and these muffins were tart. You would have to be a true cranberry lover to enjoy the tartness.
- 7CRUMB TOPPING:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon oatmeal
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Make the crumb topping by using a fork to combine the flour, brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle each muffin with one tablespoon of the crumb topping