Pumpkin Cran-Raisin Muffins
1 ca/p flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground cloves (optional)
1/2 clight brown sugar
1 ccanned, pure pumpkin, all natural
1whole egg, beaten
1 cfat-free milk
1/2 cchopped, fresh cranberries
1 Tbspsafflower oil
How to Make Pumpkin Cran-Raisin Muffins
- Measure first seven ingredients and place in a large mixing bowl. Blend thoroughly.
- In another bowl, measure the remaining six ingredients, and stir well.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick oil. Makes one dozen medium size muffins.
- Spray an ice cream scoop with oil also; and measure the batter into muffin tin.
- Bake muffins for twenty-five minutes. Cool on a rack and loosen muffins while hot.
- Optional: pecans or walnuts could be added to batter.
- Optional: Spices could be varied, I might use nutmeg next time in place of ground cloves.