Prize Winning Blueberry Muffins
Recipe / Photo Adapted from Land o Lakes
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- butter ( or margarine ) softened
- (8oz) carton (1 cup) dairy sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- grated lemon peel (divided)
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen blueberries (unthawed)
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Prize Winning Blueberry Muffins
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin pan cups or place paper baking cups into muffin pan cups; set aside.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add sour cream, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and egg. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- 3Combine flour and baking soda in medium bowl. Stir flour mixture into sour cream mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon into prepared muffin pan cups.
- 4Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest in small bowl. Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon mixture on top of each muffin. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.