- 1 box
- (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding mix.
- 1 3/4 c
- cake flour / i used all purpose flour and they were still great !
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/2-1 tsp
- almond extract ~ calls for 1/2 t, but i used 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- couple drops of green food coloring. optional
How to Make Pistachio Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees - Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners. ( I found this temp. way to high! they started to brown way to quickly in my oven. I lowered it to 375, then to 350 degrees. It took a little longer to cook but who cares?)
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix, flour, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, almond extract, oil and food coloring.
- 4Divide the batter between the muffin cups. (I used jumbo muffin cup and it made 6 large muffins) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in pan for about 5 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.