PB & J Muffins
This is a Paula Deen recipe and we know there is gonna be lots of "butta" somewhere in this recipe - In this case in the Compound Butter Recipe
Haven't made these yet, but I will.
Hope you like them too!
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 c
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/4 c
- thick jam, such as seedless raspberry
- 1/3 c
- honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- compound butter, recipe to follow
How to Make PB & J Muffins
- 1pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse in all of the peanut butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the milk, egg, and butter and pulse until combined.
- 3Distribute half of the batter equally among the muffin cups. Drop a tsp. of jam into each cup and cover with the remaining batter. Top with the chopped peanuts. Bake until the muffins are light golden, 15-20 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or allow to cool completely. Spread compound butter on top. Store in an airtight container. Muffins will keep for 1-2 days.
- 4COMPOUND BUTTER: 1 stick butter, room temperature
5 tablespoons of your favorite fruit preserve.
Combine ingredients together and chill to set.