Oven-Ready Bran Muffins
3 cunprocessed wheat bran, divided
1 cboiling water
1 cpacked brown sugar
2 1/2 cwhole wheat flour
2 tspbaking soda
1 craisins, optional
24paper muffin cups
How to Make Oven-Ready Bran Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put paper muffin cups into muffin tin.
- Mix 1 cup bran with 1 cup boiling water; stir and let water asborb into bran.
- Measure and combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar and butter. Add the moist bran, beaten eggs, remaining 2 cups of bran, and buttermilk; mix well.
- Add the flour, soda and salt mixture; stir until well blended. Stir in the raisins, if desired.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tins...I use my ice cream scoop! Bake for 15 minutes.
- Hint...since some of us like raisins and some do not, at first I do not add raisins. I fill 12 muffin cups and then add 1 cup raisins to the remaining dough. Then fill the remainder of the cups.