Oven-Ready Bran Muffins
How to Make Oven-Ready Bran Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put paper muffin cups into muffin tin.
- 2Mix 1 cup bran with 1 cup boiling water; stir and let water asborb into bran.
- 3Measure and combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar and butter. Add the moist bran, beaten eggs, remaining 2 cups of bran, and buttermilk; mix well.
- 5Add the flour, soda and salt mixture; stir until well blended. Stir in the raisins, if desired.
- 6Spoon into the prepared muffin tins...I use my ice cream scoop! Bake for 15 minutes.
- 7Hint...since some of us like raisins and some do not, at first I do not add raisins. I fill 12 muffin cups and then add 1 cup raisins to the remaining dough. Then fill the remainder of the cups.