Orange Cranberry Muffins with Orange Glaze
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 corange juice (i use fresh squeezed)
1 Tbsporange zest
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 1/4 ccranberries, fresh or frozen (unthawed)
1/4 cdried cranberries
FOR ORANGE GLAZE AND TOPPING
·pure orange extract
How to Make Orange Cranberry Muffins with Orange Glaze
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Or spray the muffin pan with non stick cooking spray
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well, then add in in orange juice, orange zest, oil and egg and whisk everything together until just combined.
- Stir in whole and dried cranberries.
- Blueberry Glaze:# 1 cup sugar
# 2 tablespoons cornstarch
# 1 cup water
# 1 cups fresh blueberries, divided
Combine sugar and cornstarch ina small saucepan; blend thoroughly.
Gradually stir in water.
Crush 1/2 cup blueberries; add to sugar mixture.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Continue to boil about 2 minutes or until mixture is clear.