Orange Cranberry Muffins with Orange Glaze
- 2 c
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- orange juice (i use fresh squeezed)
- 1 Tbsp
- orange zest
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- 1 1/4 c
- cranberries, fresh or frozen (unthawed)
- 1/4 c
- dried cranberries
- confectioners sugar
- pure orange extract
- melted chocolate
FOR ORANGE GLAZE AND TOPPING
How to Make Orange Cranberry Muffins with Orange Glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Or spray the muffin pan with non stick cooking spray
- 2Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Make a well, then add in in orange juice, orange zest, oil and egg and whisk everything together until just combined.
- 4Stir in whole and dried cranberries.
- 8Blueberry Glaze:# 1 cup sugar
# 2 tablespoons cornstarch
# 1 cup water
# 1 cups fresh blueberries, divided
Combine sugar and cornstarch ina small saucepan; blend thoroughly.
Gradually stir in water.
Crush 1/2 cup blueberries; add to sugar mixture.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Continue to boil about 2 minutes or until mixture is clear.