Oatmeal Cream Cheese Muffins
1 cold-fashioned cooking oats
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
3 ozcream cheese, divided into 12 parts
12paper muffin cups
1 Tbspold-fashioned cooking oats
1 Tbsppacked brown sugar
How to Make Oatmeal Cream Cheese Muffins
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper muffin cups in muffin tin.
- In medium bowl, place oats and milk. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar, oil and egg into soaked oats.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into oat mixture just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Spoon half the batter into the paper lined muffin cups. Place 1/12th of the cream cheese into the center of batter in each cup. Top with remaining batter, making sure cream cheese is covered with batter.
- Combine brown sugar and oats to make topping. Sprinkle some on each muffin. Bake for about 20 minutes or until centers are set.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on rack. SO GOOD TO EAT WARM!