Morning Glory Muffins
3/4 cshredded coconut
1/2 cwalnuts, roasted
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
2 ccrushed pineapple (from the can)
1gala apple, peeled, cored, grated
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cshredded carrots (2-3 medium)
1 cgolden raisins
How to Make Morning Glory Muffins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease muffin pan.
- In a food processor, blend walnuts and coconut until finely ground.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until combined. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Place pineapple and shredded apple in a fine-mesh strainer (do in batches if necessary), and place over a liquid measuring cup. Press the fruit to squeeze the liquid until fruit is somewhat dry. You should have about 1 cup of liquid.
- Bring juice to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Transfer to small bowl and et cool slightly.
- Add butter, vanilla extract and eggs to the juice and whisk together.
- Stir wet mix into dry flour mix until combined.
Add the pineapple, apple, carrots, and raisins. Stir until combined.
- Divide batter into muffin cups.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool on wire rack.
- Serve! Goes great with butter or cream cheese spread as well (or nothing).
Store in ziplock bag or airtight container for up to 4 days.