Fresh Blueberry Lemon Scones
Turnips 2 Tangerines (Lynn H)
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/8 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted cold butter, cubed
- 1 c
- fresh blueberries, or frozen blueberries thawed completely
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon extract
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- lemon zest, grated
- egg, beaten
- turbinado sugar or regular sugar
How to Make Fresh Blueberry Lemon Scones
- 1Preheat oven 425, place oven rack in middle of oven.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter.
Mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
- 3In small bowl, combine 1 egg, slightly beaten, lemon extract, buttermilk and lemon zest.
- 4Add to flour mixture and stir just until dough comes together.
Do not over mix.
Fold in blueberries.
- 5Knead dough in bowl 4-6 times.
Transfer to a lightly floured surface.
Pat dough into a 7" circle
- 6Cut into 8 wedges.
Place wedges on prepared cookie sheet.
- 7Brush tops of scones with beaten egg.
Sprinkle with sugar.
- 8Bake at 425 for 20 mins. or until golden brown