Fresh Blueberry Lemon Scones
Turnips 2 Tangerines (Lynn H)
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
6 Tbspunsalted cold butter, cubed
1 cfresh blueberries, or frozen blueberries thawed completely
1egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsplemon extract
2 tsplemon zest, grated
·turbinado sugar or regular sugar
How to Make Fresh Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Preheat oven 425, place oven rack in middle of oven.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter.
Mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine 1 egg, slightly beaten, lemon extract, buttermilk and lemon zest.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until dough comes together.
Do not over mix.
Fold in blueberries.
- Knead dough in bowl 4-6 times.
Transfer to a lightly floured surface.
Pat dough into a 7" circle
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Place wedges on prepared cookie sheet.
- Brush tops of scones with beaten egg.
Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 20 mins. or until golden brown