Danish Rum Raisin Muffins
Vicki Butts (lazyme)6
From The Joy of Muffins - The International Muffin Cook Book. This is what the intro says for this recipe. Rum-flavored desserts became popular in Denmark because of the Danish colonies in the West Indies. Danish rum-raisin muffins are inspired by romfromage and rombudding, rum cream and rum pudding. They are delicious for tea. Serve them with raspberry jam or whipped cream for real Danish appeal.
How to Make Danish Rum Raisin Muffins
- 1Soak overnight raisins and dark rum.
- 2Drain raisins, reserving rum.
- 3Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Cut in butter until coarse meal forms.
- 4Mix in raisins. Whisk sour cream, egg, vanilla and two tablespoons rum until smooth. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in cream and egg mixture.
- 5Fill muffin pans three-fourths full and bake until brown.
Bake at 375 degrees 20 minutes.
About Danish Rum Raisin Muffins
You May Also Like:
Show 6 Comments & Reviews