Danish Rum Raisin Muffins
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Rum-flavored desserts became popular in Denmark because of the Danish colonies in the West Indies. Danish rum-raisin muffins are inspired by romfromage and rombudding, rum cream and rum pudding. They are delicious for tea. Serve them with raspberry jam or whipped cream for real Danish appeal.
1/2 cdark rum
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
6 Tbspbutter (3/4 stick)
1 csour cream
How to Make Danish Rum Raisin Muffins
- Soak the raisins in the dark rum overnight.
- Drain raisins, reserving rum.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut in butter until coarse meal forms.
- Mix in raisins.
- Whisk sour cream, egg, vanilla and two tablespoons rum until smooth. (Reserved rum from soaking raisins).
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in cream and egg mixture.
- Fill muffin pans three-fourths full and bake until brown. The batter will be quite thick.
- Bake at 375 degrees 20 minutes.