Danish Coffee Cream Puff Muffins
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 Tbspinstant coffee
1 Tbsppowdered sugar
1 tspground chocolate or cocoa
1 3/4 cunbleached flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 csour cream
How to Make Danish Coffee Cream Puff Muffins
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, instant coffee, powdered sugar and chocolate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs with sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg, sour cream mixture, stirring for 10 seconds. Dough will be quite thick.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans to about one-third full.
- Then drop a heaping teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin, being sure it doesn't touch the edges of the pan.
- Top with the remaining batter, making sure it covers the filling.
- Place into preheated oven on center rack and bake until done.
- Bake at 375 degrees 18 to 20 minutes.