Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/2 cflour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 cchopped walnuts
1 cchopped dried cranberries (i use craisins)
3/4 coats, quick cooking
3 Tbspbutter or margerine
3/4 clight brown sugar
How to Make Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 16 muffin pan cups.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Toss nuts and cranberries with 1 teaspoon of flour mixture in small bowl. Set aside. Stir oats into remaining flour mixture.
3. Beat together butter, sugar, milk and egg in a bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until evenly moistened. Fold in nut-cranberry mixture. Turn into greased muffin pan cups.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
Do not make overly large muffins and be sure muffins are thoroughly cooked to prevent muddy middles.
- I double the recipe and freeze extras. Also using Foil muffin papers make it much easier. Delicious with Cream cheese.