Chunky Cream Cheese and Strawberry (or any fruit) Muffins..recipe by Laura
(I sometimes make them with Bing Cherries instead of the strawberries):
*Recipe and Photo's...March 9, 2008 by laura
"I bought some cream cheese at the supermarket today and tried another attempt at probably one of my most favourite bakery/cafe items ever. You know the type, you always buy them but can never find a recipe that comes close.
Now there are literally thousands of recipes out there for cream cheese muffins, but in most of them the cream cheese is beaten in to the wet ingredients. The perfect cream cheese muffin to me requires delicious chunks of cream cheese goodness. The recipe below I use when I need to use up any fruit, you can use whatever you have on hand or in a tin (I used canned strawberries lol)". Laura*
2 chigh grade flour
3/4 csugar (i use stevia or splenda)
4 tspbaking powder
1 tspof your favorite ground spice (i used cinnamon and a bit of ginger)
1/2 clight sour cream (milk or yogurt will do)
1/4 cjuice (use what you can extract from the fruit you are using or have in your fridge)
1 1/2 cfruit, chopped into whatever size pieces you fancy
1/2 cfirm cream cheese, cubed
How to Make Chunky Cream Cheese and Strawberry (or any fruit) Muffins..recipe by Laura
- Preheat oven to 400 dF.
Prepare your favourite muffin pans.
- Mix first 4 dry ingredients in a bowl with a fork until well combined.
- In another bowl, heat the butter until liquid and mix in the sour cream, juice, egg and fruit pieces with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add cubed cream cheese and fold together until just combined (there should be no large patches of flour, do not mix further) and cream cheese is evenly distributed but still in chunks (be gentle!).
- Spoon mix into prepared muffin pans (I got 14 out of my batch).
If you are a real cream cheese fan (which I am!!) add a teaspoon (or a sm. cube) of cream cheese in the center of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-to-20 minutes or until muffins are golden and when you touch the center of one it springs back. Enjoy!