They are a nice change of pace. With the amount of cheese in the recipe, I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised at how light they are.
Can't vouch for the calories, just the taste.
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 c
- shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- (1/2 stick) melted butter
- bakers joy (optional)
How to Make Cheese Muffins
- 1In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- 2Stir in all three cups of cheese into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk and butter together. When mixed thoroughly, pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
- 4Bake in greased muffin tins (I used Bakers Joy) in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.