CHEDDAR CORN DOG MUFFINS
MY VARIATIONS: Use sliced Chicken hot dogs (my favorite), sliced beef hot dogs, or lit'l Smokies smoked sausages; About 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped Jalapenos (Optional); bake all in greased muffin pan for a nice crispy crust, and brush tops of corn dogs with melted butter after baking. Serve warm.
- 1 pkg
- (8-1/2 oz.) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2/3 c
- 2% milk
- egg, lightly beaten
- turkey hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped pickled jalapeno (optional)
How to Make CHEDDAR CORN DOG MUFFINS
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line nine muffins cups with foil liners or grease nine nonstick muffin cups. Combine muffin mix, milk and egg; stir in hot dogs, cheese and, if desired, jalapenos.
- 2Fill prepared muffin cups three fourths full. Bake 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 3FREEZE OPTION: Freeze muffins in resealable bags. Microwave each on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
RECIPE courtesy of Taste of Home/Simple