Buttermilk Banana Nut Muffins
My friend Sonya who lives in the Netherlands saw and makes these and she says her husband takes them to work and they are in love with them. My husband takes them to work as well and they holler if I don't make enough...These light muffins are a dream to make and eat!
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cbrown sugar, light
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbuttermilk (dry buttermilk plus water may be used
2/3 ccanola oil
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
2 largebanana's, very ripe, well mashed
1/2 cwalnut, chopped
How to Make Buttermilk Banana Nut Muffins
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract. Mash banana’s and add to this mixture mixing well.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt then mix thoroughly.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients folding the two gently by hand using a wooden spoon being sure not over mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure out the batter into muffin cups.
- Take a spoon and drop walnuts over the top of each muffin pressing lightly so the nuts stick.
- Bake at 350*F for 18-22 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched and tops are lightly browned.
- Be sure to store any left over muffins in plastic wrap to keep muffins from drying out.
- These muffins can be frozen and thawed out when needed.