Blueberry Cream Muffins
1 3/4 cflour
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 cplain or vanilla yogurt
6 Tbspbutter, melted (no substitutions)
1/2 tspalmond extract
2 Tbsphalf and half, heavy cream, evaporated milk, or milk
8 ozneufchatel or cream cheese, room temp.
1/4 tspalmond extract
1/2 cpowdered sugar
·blueberry preserves (or jam of your choice)
How to Make Blueberry Cream Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, almond extract and powdered sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, melted butter, egg, almond extract and half & half; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into yogurt mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling half full.
- Top each batter filled cup with about 1 T. of cream cheese mixture and 1 tsp of preserves; top with remaining batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and tops are golden.
- Standard size muffins: about 20 minutes
mini loaf pan: about 35-40 minutes
standard loaf pan: 50-60 minutes